Friday, June 12, 2009

New life for an old painting


This morning I joined Adele as she went to the framer off-post to pick up a framed piece. I brought my damaged painting (after sewing a bag to carry it in) to see if the guy next door to the framer could fix it. But his shop was closed. As we walked away, he hurried up to us and opened his shop. I expected to drop off the painting, but he sprayed it with water (to tighten the canvas), then retouched the paint and poof, it was done. He would not accept any money for his work. I hear he does oil paintings from pictures so I plan to get a picture of Michele for him to make into a painting. He also wrapped the painting in a large piece of brown paper to protect the wet paint. I had in the back of my mind that I needed a large piece of paper. Now that I have one, I can't remember why I wanted it.
I came back to the apartment to sew. I made two baby quilt tops. Then Chris came home and asked if we wanted to see "Up", a Disney movie. So we did. Then we went by his office to see a flag with fringe. Something at work requires a flag with fringe. He has the flag and wants me to sew on the fringe.

No comments: