Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quilters all day



This morning I got up late, but early enough to spend some time cutting selvedge edges for Adele's present. She has some project that she intends to do with them, so it seemed like a good gift. Then Chris drove his parents to the airport while I took the post run bus to the thrift shop. We had so much stuff to process!!! I say we should price it low and let it go. But I am not in charge. And I do not wish to be, even though it has been suggested. Anyway, about 11:30 Pam came by to pick me up to go to BethAnnes house. She was giving a sort of going-away party for people who are PCSing this summer. The food was SO good. Three people brought dessert, two cakes and a coffee-flavored whipped cream concoction. I had a little of each. Gigi couldn't finish hers so I volunteered to help. But M said she loved me too much to allow me to eat it so she took it away. I didn't quite know how to take that. Others told me later that they felt bad for me. We have dubbed her "the cake police". Beth Anne wrapped the forks in napkins. Each person took one. The forks were metal except for two which were plastic. I happened to have a plastic one and got a prize for it. A candle and candle holder!
After the luncheon, several of us went with Adele to pick up some pictures she had framed. She showed us one place to go to get oil paintings or have one made, and another that will frame whatever painting you have. There was a large one that I admired of water lillies. Maybe 2 ft by 3ft? It was $60. The frame store had a large frame for $40. So for $100 I could have a large framed oil painting!
Pam took me to my gate and I walked to the apt to find Chris and Michele, both on their computers. I cut some more selvedge edges, and charm squares ( I seem to do a lot of that lately) then took a nap. At 6:30 I walked back to the gate to meet Pam for a ride to Adele's house. I gave Adele the bag of edges I had been collecting for a month. She also had made food. But no cake. Too bad since the cake police did not come. We sat around and talked and worked on individual projects. Toniette made bags, and Loretta embroidered a tablecloth. Her family has a tradition of having everyone sign the tablecloth on Christmas Eve. Then she embroiders all of the signatures. Next year they sign again. And she embroiders again, in another color. What a keepsake!

No comments: