Tuesday, September 1, 2009

AWC meeting


Chris and I visited via Skype. Michele even talked to him briefly. Then Michele and I had to get ready to go. She went to college for her first day of classes while I was taking a shower. I walked to the Sebinggo subway station, took the train to Oksu, transferred to the orange line and took that train to Dongguk University. I planned to attend a function at the Grand Ambassador Hotel. But coming out of Exit 1 I could not see a hotel. So I tried Exit 6, across the street. Still no hotel. But I remembered someone saying go up and then down. Well, there was an incline facing me, so I climbed up and and down the other side. There was a large building on the next block with flags on the front. Unfortunately, you can't read the name of it until you get in front of it. Yes, that was the place. I was early, but no one seemed to mind. I paid the entrance fee and bought some raffle tickets. I wandered throught the vendors. One man was selling Indian rugs, some silk and some wool. I thought they were beautiful but expensive. He told me I'd never find a better deal. Possibly true. But I know nothing about choosing rugs. So I took some pics and went on.
Here and there I found people to talk to, and then the meeting began. It was an intro to the AWC, American Women's Club. And they raffled off prizes from the vendors. I didn't win any. But I do remember seeing a gift basket and thinking that I'd be happy with the shiny paper in it. After the meeting, I was checking out vendors again and stopped at the table for Women's Federation for World Peace. I met two ladies there and learned about their next meeting. We all walked to the subway together. One lady had to leave but the other lady, Robin, and I talked for while and decided to have lunch. So we took trains to Ichon and found a quaint little restaurant. We ordered the kimchi soup, which came with lots of side dishes. She knows about EFT and wants to explore alternative therapies, so we had a lot to talk about. She even invited me to speak about EFT at one of their meetings. We'll see. As we were leaving, I saw a woman in the kitchen cutting up octopus. See pic. Then she and I walked back to the subway. She hopped a train, while I went on to post and caught the bus home. I spent the afternoon on my computer, looking into sacred geometry. Always something new on the internet. I also ended up taking a nap from being so full of Korean food. Then Michele came home. She told me a little about her day. She ended up in the wrong place on the bus, so we looked it up on the map and made a better plan for tomorrow.

No comments: