Sunday, September 11, 2011

Almost finished with this one


Chris got up at 12:30am to play with the voices. At least, he said he did. I did not wake up. Michele got up, too, but went back to bed because it was a mod that she had already played. I had asked Chris to wake me at 7. That turned out to be the time he came to bed! So, while he slept, I read in the courtyard. I forgot to time it, but app. an hour later, it began to rain, so I came in. I had breakfast and then Chris and I showered. No wink, wink, we had to get to church on time. He was the reader for the day. We had a bet on the sermon. I said it would be about 9-11 and he said it wouldn't. Well, it was about forgiving, and 9-11 was referred to many times. So who won? After church, there were snacks in the fellowship hall. But no kimbap, just doughnuts and cookies. The kimbap maker was closed for Chusok (Korean version of Thanksgiving). The pastor's wife told me that sometimes Korean families will take in an English-speaking girl to help their kids learn English. Whoo-hoo! Free room and board if Michele can find one of these families. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. In addition to not having organic tomatoes, spinach, and carrots, today they did not have Organic cheddar cheese. Where are all my favorite items going? Is this how they plan to get rid of me? Ok, so we took our food home. Chris told me on the way home that he wanted to surprise me with a trip to a park tomorrow (Chusok), and the organist at church wants to guide us there and take us to lunch. Sounds great to me, but what about quilting tomorrow? Back at the apt, Michele helped to put the food away while I changed out of church clothes. I went into my sewing room to clean it up for a student, but I ended up doing more sewing than cleaning. However, she was late so I did finish. She wanted to make a zippered pouch so we worked on that for two hours. While we were working, Romaric came over. Chris made two frozen pizzas for supper. They were eating when the lesson finished. I sat and watched them eat. Then I had a hard-boiled egg and some leftover bison with kimchi. While they gamed, I finished the border on the green and purple quilt - all except for the corners. Should they be red, or green? Now I am ready to brush my teeth and go to bed. I get to use my new toothpaste. It is made of organic ingredients and comes in a small jar like cold cream. Instructions say to brush, then swish for up to 15 minutes, and then swallow. It is also a calcium supplement.

No comments: