Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some place new

in
an


Ok, I read for an hour, ate breakfast, skimmed e-mail. Then I dressed and drove over to the commissary. I put a check in the mail and grabbed a taxi. I handed him Cindy's card. She had invited me to walk on the mountain behind her house with her and some friends. I did not remember which bus to take, and she hadn't told me which stop to get off at. He put the address into his GPS. Then I called her to tell her I was coming. She was delighted because she had forgotten to call me last night. She had said the bus ride would take an hour. The taxi ride was about 40 minutes. It dropped me off on the road above her house. But a man nearby (possibly the guard) hurried over to read the card in my hand and to show me where Cindy lived. She was home and her dog was very happy to see me, jumping up and licking me. We talked until the other two women arrived. One of them had a dog and the two dogs took off, racing around the house. And a very nice house it was, too. So we walked down to the main street, and over to the right to a bus stop. The bus took us partway up the mountain. We walked the rest of the way, and then down through the woods. We stopped to see the place where "Coffee Prince" is/was filmed. We saw the foundation remains of old buildings in the woods. We saw a school group looking at the flora. It felt so good to be mostly alone in a forest, walking by a stream. But they told me that on the weekends, it is full of people. We came out on the main street and walked back to Cindy's house, stopping along the way at a snack place. They split a pizza, and I had a San Pelligrino. I had some nuts in my purse. When we got to Cindy's house, Olivia had to leave, but the rest of us gazed at the surrounding rooftops and had a nice chat sitting on her porch. The dogs kept chasing each other. When the 4th lady had to leave, I left too. She drove me to the bus stop. There were two possible buses to take. One takes longer and goes to Itaewon. The other goes to Seoul station where I would catch either the subway or another bus. I grabbed the first one and it took me to Seoul station. I perused the list of buses in the area but none of them were buses that went near my apartment. So I took line 4 to Sinyongsan, and caught the post run bus to the commissary. I drove my car back to its normal parking place. I was glad to be home and having lunch. I ate most of the remaining sprouts from E-Mart. I had to eat them with natto to choke them down. The taste is strong and bitter. I do not know what kind they are, although it looks like there are several kinds in the package. I had forgotten to take my vitamins, so took them then. I engaged my e-mail for an hour and took a break to juice up the last of the veggies I bought last week. It was almost 5 when Michele came home from college. Later Chris came home, bearing a box that came in the mail. It had supplements in it. Chris cooked brautworst for supper. I started another batch of seeds for sprouting. Not having much luck and don't know why. I covered the containers with a collander to keep the fruit flies out, but I suspect they are small enough to get in anyway. Chris went to bed early 'cause he has to be at work at 3am for a teleconference. I put on my night gown, and made his sandwich. I checked out the meetups in Alabama to see what people are interested in. It seems there is something for every one. I am writing this blog as I listen to an hour-long audio. When it is over, I plan on going to bed.

No comments: