Sunday, September 18, 2011

Is teal the new neutral?


I got up about 7:15 to read downstairs. Chris called me just before 8 and invited me back to bed. I think it is my first booty call. Then we took showers and dressed for church. The sermon was about how we are not to worry about earthly things, like the fact that next week is our last service. Apparently one service has to go to make room for the others and ours is the smallest. They are cutting off funding for our priest but not the choir director or organist. And we lose our meeting place. The chief of chaplains met with the congregation after church to answer questions, and hear comments. That lasted quite some time. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. Michele helped put them away. I vacuumed the living room and was just finishing up when Romaric came by to game. My student canceled her lesson for today so I had more time to sew. I decided that e-mail can wait. Wanting to sash my yellow and purple blocks, I picked teal of all colors. I don't know why that occurred to me, but I like it. The original plan was to sash half of them in medium teal and the other half in dark teal. But maybe teal is fine for all the blocks. Chris made twice-baked potatoes for supper for them. He made bison for me. I did get a bite of his potato and it was yummy. I thought there would be leftovers, but they ate them all. Romaric left about 10. I quit sewing for the night so I can make the sandwich, soak my new sprout batches, and go to bed.

No comments: