Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Out and about


I read for my full hour this morning, from 7 to 8. I had breakfast, skimmed my e-mail, showered and dressed. I sorted the recyclables and took them down to the bins. Then I gathered up my fabrics scraps, a quilt block, the blue dress and Chris' pants with the hole. I went to my car on post, drove to gate 17, parked, and took only the fabric scraps and block with me. I went to Dongdaemun to get more of the fabrics I recently used as quilt backings, but they were all gone. I did not find a wide fabric that really went with my purple and green quilt, but settled for a light blue V.B. as the best I could do. I also bought some for future quilt backings. I happened to see a few others that I couldn't resist. I also bought some ribbon to replace what I just ran out of. Then I wandered around just seeing what I could see. I bought some stretchy stuff to try out some patterns I made. I visited the Moda man. And then I went home, completely forgetting to visit the sock market. I drove over to gate 12. I took my dress and Chris' pants to the tailor shop. The owner said he could TRY to fix the pants. I wonder what TRY is going to cost me. As for the dress, he said the dress tailor was at lunch for the next 30 minutes. I was hungry so I asked where I could buy kimbap. He pointed down the street and said "At Rollin they have expensive kimbap but very good. " It turns out that it is a Japanese sushi place. After eating sushi and pickled garlic, I went back to the tailor shop. The dress tailor had me put on the dress and he made marks here and there. He admired the bag I was carrying and asked if I made it, which I had. So then I wandered home, passing an embroiderer on the way. I thought of having something sewn on a jacket for a gift, but I did not have a picture of what I wanted. I went home, and carried my fabric purchases back to the apt. I meant to wash it, but that didn't happen. E-mail happened. And searching the internet for the proper picture. And an early supper. I soaked more bean sprouts, this time in a smaller batch. I have thrown out 6 batches so far. I can only hope this one grows better. I washed the sprouters in bleach water to kill anything that might be hindering my sprouts. Michele came home and then Chris. He baked 12 chicken legs. It reminded me of the joke - what do you get when you cross a chicken with a centipede? Drumsticks for everybody! After putting supper away and chatting with the family (Michele starts the most interesting conversations now that she is taking political science courses), I finished up some audios, and re-wrote the instructions for the snap-close purses. What a chore that turned out to be. I was just going to amend what Melanie had done, but Foxit was so difficult to work with that I just re-did everything in Microsoft Word. Then I heard Chris set up an interview over Skype so I went out there. And just then his mother Skyped in. So he chatted until the call was disconnected. And for some reason it would not reconnect, so I called her back on my computer. She said my parents are coming to her house on Friday to Skype their dr and can talk to us before the appt. Well, now it is time to make the sandwich and go to bed.

No comments: