Monday, September 19, 2011

New quilt pattern

I got up early to read, as usual, but today it was cold; a sudden change in the weather. I was reading a book called "Arctic Drift". The main characters are stuck in northern Canada without proper cold weather gear, and I could feel them shivering. Or was it me? Anyway, after an hour, I went up for breakfast, e-mail, and a shower. I sliced cheese for lunch, and headed out. I was there on time for once, but nobody else was. A new lady showed up to help me. Thankfully she was tall and could reach things I can't. We set up tables and machines. Then Cathy and Mary arrived. Lois and I cut batting while others cut kits for our new style of quilt ( on the left). They are easier to cut and sew than the old ones (on the right). We got a lot accomplished. Although we did not finish many quilts, we sewed and turned at least a dozen I think. It was late when we finally put everything away and got out of there. I took Mary home, and went home myself. I read e-mail until it was time to meet Chris at the gate. He drove us to gate 12, and we walking into Itaewon to pick up my dress and his pants. The man who helped us in the past was not there. They told us he died. What!?! Yep, car accident. Hit and run. It took us a moment to absorb that. Then another man brought out my dress for me to try on, and Chris' pants, which they fixed. My dress fit, and the repair to the hole in Chris' pants was acceptable. They would not accept any payment for the pants. On the way back, we were stopped by Mr. Bob, suggesting Chris should buy some shoes. Chris already has Mr. Bob shoes, and with a little prodding he remembered us. He took us in his shop, and showed us his wall of business cards. He wanted to sell me a pair of custom made shoes, and I decided that my outrageously expensive dress should have some outrageously expensive shoes. So he gave me catalogs to look through. I picked a pair of shoes, and gave him the color and heel type I wanted. I got the impression that I could have drawn a pair of shoes and he could make them. We had to pay up front 130,000 won. He traced my feet and measured them in several places. He told me Nancy had bought 7 pairs from him. At that price she must think she will never need another pair of shoes. Chris says his are very comfortable, and I have always sought a comfortable dress shoe, so maybe now is my chance.
We continued our walk back to post, and then home. My boxes of supplements and raw organic nuts had arrived, so we carried them up to the apartment where Michele was reading her class assignments. We ate leftovers for supper, and I read a bit of e-mail, intending to quit and sew. But there was always 'just one more' e-mail to read. Is this an addiction? I researched an old sewing foot I found at the thrift shop, but cannot find out what it does or is called. I also looked up 'Singer Hemstitcher', which also came in. It is not going for much on ebay, but certain sites charge over $100 for these. So how shall I price it at the thrift shop? I am going to the shop tomorrow, but it will not be a regular day. Kinda wish it was, lots to do there.

No comments: