Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One more ready to go

I made two sandwiches last night and it must have worn me out because I slept a little late this morning. I read from 8 to 9 and then had breakfast, e-mail, etc. I wanted to go to Dongdaemun for backing fabric, but I hadn't finished the quilt top yet and I have learned the value of actually measuring the top as opposed to figuring out what it is supposed to be on paper. So I spent the morning and part of the afternoon sewing the blocks together and adding a border. I did some cleaning in the kitchen 'cause it was really a mess. And when I thought about Michele moving out, and our leaving Korea without her, I cried. A lot. I just don't know how I am going to face that. A mother knows from the day her child is born that someday the child will leave. But I never thought it would be like this. So many big events happening at once. I feel like I should be doing something to prepare for all of this. Surely sewing is the least of my worries, but I don't know what else to do. So after making this top, I started pulling out fabrics to make the cushion cover that Ms. Chung asked for. It was really hard. Usually I only make stuff from inspiration. But for this I had no starting point. I don't have a good idea of what she wants. I just want to be done so I can stop worrying about finishing it. Finally I picked a really simple design so that when it is quilted, the quilting pattern will show up.
Chris came home late, with a Netflix movie called Centurion. I needed a break, so I watched it with him and Michele. It was very gory and I had to look away at times. We also watched the special scenes on the DVD, so it was almost 11 when we finished. Chris did not want a sandwich for tomorrow, so now my day is finished.

No comments: