Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Marathon sewing day


I was a little late getting up to read. But I did, for an hour. Then I had breakfast, etc. But before e-mail could take over my day, I hid in my sewing room to work on my purple and yellow quilt. Only, there was this bag of QOV scraps in the way. So, ok, I sewed my way out of that. Made 4 more blocks and over 15 yards of piano key border. Not sure where to go from there. It took about 5 hours. Then I put it away, and got out my blocks. I sashed and sashed. In medium teal and dark teal. Michele and Chris came home, about an hour apart. Chris cooked chicken legs for supper. I ate my sprouts, which were fully sprouted just like they are supposed to be. After supper I sewed more, putting the blocks into rows while watching NCIS. When I get the rows together, then I need to work on a backing. The one I bought just won't fit now that the blocks are sashed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fern,
Did you make blocks and then cut them and move them around on this rwb quilt?
AL from CA

Fern said...

This is a strip=pieced block. You sew strips into sets, sew the sets together, cut them diagonally, and press open, then sew the resulting strips together. The pic shows 9 blocks not yet sewn to each other.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining it to me.
Looks like one of those illusion things like MC Escher...
AL from CA