Sunday, September 25, 2011

Last day at Memorial chapel


I did not read this morning because Chris made me a better offer. When we got up, I made breakfast and he talked with Michele. They had another one of those political discussions. This one was about how the present day federal gov't strayed from what the founding fathers envisioned it to be. I read a bit of e-mail, and then we dressed and went to church. I wore my new custom made dress. Today was our last Sunday at Memorial chapel. The army is discontinuing Father Gene's salary. Next week we will meet at the hospital chapel and our pastor will be 'volunteering'. Donations will be accepted on the side. He announced after church that we were out of communion bread and needed someone to take up that ministry. I offered to make a really large batch before we leave, and he gave me the large wafer cutter and the 'cookie jar' they go in. After church we went to the commissary, and then home. Chris put chili on the stove to cook. I had lunch and then cut his hair on the porch. Romaric came over about 2 for the usual Sunday gaming session. Heidi came over at 3 for a lesson. I cleaned up my sewing room to make space. We started an apron. She left about 5. I dealt with some older e-mail, and printed out the wafer recipe that Father Gene e-mailed me. I wanted to start right away, but it called for wheat flour and I don't have any. Because the commissary is closed on Mondays, it will be Tuesday before I can buy some. So I decided to sew instead. I took my blue and yellow exchange blocks and trimmed them. I found a green ginko fabric to sash them in. The decision was too quick and easy. I hope I won't regret it. I spent the rest of the evening sashing and pressing while listening to the story unfold out in the living room. The game was going so well that they played later than usual. And now it is sandwich time.

No comments: