Saturday, September 10, 2011

Working in the sewing room


I read for an hour this morning, finishing the book. It is called "Stumbling on Happiness". The author talks about all the ways our brains make us remember past events and predict future events as happier than they were/will be. Then I spent the day alternately sewing and reading e-mail. This week in e-mail the emphasis has been on the upcoming pain relief summit, and the dangers of mercury in dental fillings. In the sewing room, I made patterns for a dress and a top. I actually tried out the one for the top, shown here. I hope to have time (and material) to try the dress pattern. I tried on the dress I picked up yesterday. With Michele's help I realized that it is too big around the waist. I really should take it back and insist that it be altered. But I don't like confrontations and have other things I would rather do. I figured out what border would be appropriate for the purple and green quilt. I have been assembling it and I hate to stop, but it is bedtime. Chris and Michele played with the voices this morning, and have been watching webisodes of a show about gamers. At 1am they plan to play with other voices. I would ask how anyone can spend so much time on the subject of gaming, but then I could easily spend twice that on sewing if I had no other responsibilities.

No comments: