Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The fitting


I started my morning with an hour of reading in the courtyard, followed by breakfast and e-mail. I showered, collected three types of recyclables and put them on the rolycart with a sewing machine. I rolled it down to recycling, dropped off the plastics and cans, and then proceeded to the base. I drove to gate 17, where I met Sue. She looked fantastic and had lost weight. She put two of the sewing machines on her rolycart and put the third one in a bag. We had a nice chat, and then I went to the thrift shop while she went to the post office to mail the machines to her new address. I shelved books, magazines, DVD's and CD's. Just when I thought I had finished and was going to count puzzle pieces, more books came in. It was just after two when I left to go to the gas station gate. I walked into Itaewon. I ran into Shirley and we had a nice chat. I walked on until I reached the tailors shop. I had to sit for a little bit waiting for the tailor. He had the dress cut out and basted together. I tried it on and it was snug. I think he thought it should be that way, but I wanted a bit more wearing ease to sit and in case I gain a pound or two when I go back to the states. So he ripped out some stitching. And the dress did not fall apart. He must have had it double-stitched. It was a bit looser then. But not in the hips where I needed it for sitting. Anyway he fussed and fussed, and finally was satisfied that he could finish it right. He left with the dress and I went back to post. I drove back to my gate and went home. There was e-mail waiting for me. I listened to a few podcasts, and quit about 5. I had just layed out my purple and green quilt with the 4 new squares when Chris came home. He had a new Netflix movie and a box from Amazon. I did not like the 4 new blocks. Three of them are more intricately pieced than the rest and it bothers me. When Michele came home, we watched "The Great Race" and discussed what other films we have seen the main characters in. I made another block for my quilt but am not sure which one to replace.

No comments: