Sunday, September 4, 2011

E-Mart and groceries


I skipped reading again in favor of some attention from Chris. We showered, dressed, ate breakfast and then drove to church. Since my car was at the apartment, we drove separately onto post, and then jointly to church. The sermon was not on a religious topic, but about our chances of keeping our service. The powers that be are reorganizing the services on post due to budget cuts and parking issues. We could lose our time slot and funding for choir director, organist and pastor. Then where would we go? After the service, we had kimbap and doughnuts. The choir members asked me if Michele had gotten an apartment yet. They recommended the area outside of Yonsei's east gate. We took one member to the gas station gate, and then filled Chris' tank. We parked at old gate 19 and walked to E-Mart. It's funny how such a short pleasant walk on a day like today seems soooo long and arduous in the winter cold. We bought natto and sprouts. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. As we drove home, I tried to call Michele to meet us at the apt building door, but she didn't answer. We left the groceries in the entry way. Chris parked the car in the parking deck while I carried the groceries into the elevator, and Michele helped me get them into the apartment. We put them away. Chris popped a movie into the DVD player. I fell asleep on the couch, having been up so late last night seeing that play. When I woke up, I checked my e-mail. Romaric came over. So we all sat and chatted 'cause we hadn't seen him in months. Chris made supper and we all ate. Then I went back to my e-mail. Sometime last week I had it down to 30 unread e-mails, but I am back up to 45 now. Oh well, there is more to life than e-mail.
*Another random quilt picture*

No comments: