Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A carpet of leaves



I have lost all my notes so this is the best I can remember:
I went to bed in the tent last night.  It was a quiet night, but I awoke in the middle of it, hearing things I could not identify.  I kept telling myself they were leaves falling from the trees.  I went back to sleep.  When I was awake enough to come in, it was 8:45.  That is late for a Tuesday, so I tried to run through my routine quickly, but the internet slowed me down.  I got an e-mail from Parker saying she would call me this morning.  I only got as far as exercising before I had to dress and go to quilting.  When I got there, the church was closed for Veterans Day.  So I proceeded to the Asian store for kimbap and mung bean sprouts.  She remarked that I was early.  I then went to the gas station on Drake.  I only put in 5 gallons so I guess I didn’t really need gas. I went home and proceeded to eat the kimbap with kimchi that I have had for a long time now.  But soon, I will have to buy another jar.  I checked e-mail.  Parker hadn’t called yet, but I wanted to go out into the sunshine.  So I laid my phone on the picnic table and raked, barefoot.  The leaves in the backyard are so beautiful this time of year.  The ones in the front yard don’t fall until they are dead.  I took pics of the leaves, and of my ‘boat’.  I also watered the kale.  I came in to call Terry and make sure she wasn’t waiting for me to go hiking.  While we were talking, Parker called.  She said she couldn’t talk until 2:30, but would call me then.  I got an e-mail from Chris about the old computer.  So I wrestled with the file problem, and listened to an audio on using BEMER technology to promote blood flow (which confers incredible health benefits apparently).  Parker called back and we talked about flooring in the den, and other fix up related stuff.  I found our rental agreement and scanned it into the computer and sent that to Parker. I opened the windows and turned on the fan.  I needed to get the old computer online, but have the laptop online too, so I rewired the set up to enable the wifi  so everything could be online at once. Still, the old one would not surf.  And then my laptop would not surf so I was reduced to the desktop.  I think I had to turn off the laptop and then it recovered when it came back up, but not the old one.  I called an electrical company for an electric checkup for the house. But they said only the owner can ask for such a thing.  So I called our local rental agent to ask about it, but only got voicemail so I left a message. Then Roz called, asking if I could pick her up for choir practice now that darkness comes so early.  She said Jennifer told her to call me.  So I started composing a message to Jennifer.  It started out not very nice, but I tapped, and it got better.  Denise called to say she could not meet with me tomorrow and wanted to reschedule.  But nothing fit both our calendars. Then I went back to listening, and getting occasional e-mails from Chris and Kurt.  That audio ended and I went on to one on magnesium deficiency.  I looked through all my BOM files for one that I could send to Do.Good.Stitches for December.  I had forgotten that I signed up to do that, but got a reminder today.  I found one that seemed doable and sent it off.  Chris skyped me and we talked.  He tried to talk me through getting files on the thumbdrive.  Rebooting the old computer while it was plugged into the internet enabled it to surf.  I was able to download the driver for the flashdrive, and install it.  After another reboot or two, we were ready to transfer files.  But that shut down the computer somehow and when it came back up, it no longer recognized the flash drive.  Grr!  Chris was tired and went to bed.  I sat down to write my blog and realized that all my notes were gone.  So I recreated what I could and just knew the rest would show up in my head after I went to bed. 

No comments: