Monday, November 3, 2014

PVC is like tinker toys for adults

Last night I tried sleeping in my car. I had a feeling it would not work, if only for all the tea I drank in the evening. When nature called, I came in. It was too cold for the blanket I had, and the air had a chemical smell like upholstery. So I went to bed in my room wearing sweat pants and sweat shirt. I was cold. Heat is set at 72. I added a comforter to the lineup of sheet, blanket and two quilts. THEN I could sleep, but in the middle of the night, some of the covers came off because it was too hot.
I heard the alarm go off at 8 which used to be 9 and got up. I checked e-mail and responded to a few. One article was about green tea, so I made some white tea and drank what was left of the dandelion root tea. The water in the sink backed up, so I plunged it and scrubbed it. I went back to e-mail, and then exercising. I thought about the heat registers in the basement that I blocked this summer so the AC wouldn't all go there. I tried to pull the cardboard out but it was stuck. So I had to get a screwdriver to loosen the screws and it came free. Then I saw the Netflix envelop waiting to be mailed. I wrote a check too because it is the first week of the month. They both went in the mail. I was watching a tapping video when it occurred to me what I could do with some of the clutter on the dining room table. When the video was over, I put those items in other places. One was in the garage where I found that the birds were still nesting in the insulation. I covered the area with a plastic sheet to keep the bird crap off of our stuff. I juiced carrots, green beans and a cucumber. Then I had my usual breakfast. I packed an apple for lunch. My sewing stuff was already in Chris' car so I drove it to quilting today. I had read on the internet that our brains confuse excitement with fear. So on my way, I told myself that I was really excited to drive Chris' car. The ladies were sitting at the lunch table when I arrived. We sang Happy Birthday to those having birthdays this month. I did not have to give my age. I told Doris her project was next on my list. Carolyn gave me two articles of clothing she had bought for her daughter but her daughter did not want them. I worked on the blue blocks from yesterday, making significant progress. Around 4 I packed up, before it got dark. When I came home, I brought the machine in, and took my PVC frame out to the tent with a shorter set of legs, and two vinyl tablecloths. But the shorter legs were still too tall. I clipped the tablecloths inside and it felt like lying in a coffin. I went through the garage looking for shorter ones, but what I found did not exactly fit, and I needed extensions to make the frame longer than my body. I looked for some small pieces and ends to make them fit. It got dark. I took the masking tape out there to wrap the ends of the legs so they would fit. The tape lit up as I pulled it off. It must be some sort of static electricity. Finally I finished the job inside. I won't be able to sleep outside tonight, but maybe it will be ready tomorrow night. The doorbell rang. It was my Swansons delivery. I put beef and juice in the toaster oven to heat up. I was going to add the leftover rice, but it had a sour smell. I ate an avocado, and read e-mail. I made a batch of hummus and put cashews and sunflower seeds in a jar to soak over night. I looked up 88 Buffet to see where it was and what kind of reviews it got. Most people said the food was really good, including the sushi. I meditated. I looked into re-ordering checks. My previous design has been discontinued. There were 12 trackers being blocked by Ghostery as I went through the order process. Chris Skyped me and I shared my check order experience with him. After he hung up, I posted to my blog and went to bed.
*  This is one of the panel quilts from yesterday  *

No comments: