Friday, November 14, 2014

A new kind of block

I slept in my own bed, sideways again. I don't know why that helps. All the tapping I did beforehand really paid off. I slept soon and I slept well. I woke a little after 7. I went back to bed to await the alarm, doing visualization. At the sound, I got up to perform my abbreviated version of a routine. I took a
shower while I swished. It was freezing outside so I skipped the notion of a cold shower. I sucked down the Vit C while I made breakfast. I read e-mail while I ate breakfast. I could see leaves falling like rain outside my window. I looked through three closets before I found my coat from Korea. Then I found the circle scarf that I had worn with it. When I was ready to pull my cart out through the garage, I remembered my intention to pack a lunch. But looking at my watch convinced me otherwise. I drove to the church and was 15 minutes late. But Jodi did not seem to mind. I helped her set up and wondered who would come out when it was so cold – Korea cold. A few other ladies did come by throughout the day. Jodi cut strips for binding, and I sewed them together and stitched them on three quilts which other people took home to finish. Julie machine-quilted a donated top. I trimmed it and used the trimmings to bind it. I sewed it on both sides. Then Denise brought some blocks from home that she intended to donate. She planned how to make them into a small quilt and, with a little help from another lady I don't know, she cut all the setting pieces, and brought me blocks and strips to sew. I had one seam left when she brought me the borders. But it was late and we had to pack up so another group could come in. I was given a large stack of leftovers from an Accuquilt Go cutter for making rugs. Jodi gave me some of the donated fabric to bring home. I had brought a tub because I thought there would be more. When I got home, I had to carry the fabric into the garage. I got the mail. I ate some sprouts and put a few pieces of heart in the toaster oven. I read e-mail, and watched an online movie called “Origins”. After the movie, I loaded the dishwasher and fed the ants (why aren't they dead yet?)  I went down to try a new kind of block. I was working from the memory of a pic I saw on Pinterest. And it did not turn out all that well. Then I came upstairs to start an audio. 12 minutes in, Chris called on Skype. The audio refused to pause so I turned down the volume so I could talk to Chris. He helped me uninstall Dropbox because it kept syncing and I don't know what that means and don't want it anyway. We did not have a lot to talk about and he was falling asleep, so we hung up. I resumed listening to the audio. I paused it to make a tub of hot water with magnesium flakes. I ran water through the coffee maker to get it really hot. I poured that in the white tub with some extra epsom salts. I laid my laptop on the counter so I could listen while my feet soaked. After a while the water cooled off, and I dried my feet and put my socks back on. I finished the audio in the den. It was about the physical causes of anxiety that are often misdiagnosed as pwychological. She said Miralax can cause neurological problems, as can many other otc drugs. When that was over, I posted to my blog and went to bed.

pf

No comments: