Friday, November 28, 2014

Sleep - more important than we thought

I heard the alarm go off at 8 but wasn't quite ready to get up since I was up so late playing the game last night. Actually, it is more of a puzzle-solving activity. I sat in the sunshine for 20 minutes listening to an audio on GMO's. I wrote a check to the handyman, but obsessed over what note to send with it. I wrote back and forth with Chris about it. I exercised, and placed a Swanson's order. I juiced while waiting for Chris to respond. I got dressed for the gym. I took niacin and got a royal flush. I listened to an interview on protecting oneself from radiation and geopathic stress. Then I headed out to post, stopping at the mailbox to put in the check. On Drake I turned around to go back and get my watch and the mailman had already picked it up. I went to the gym, and sat in the sauna for 90 minutes. The heat was turned all the way up and I did not turn it down because other people came in and out. No one stayed long. It occurred to me that the voice in my head has a weak point, it gets dizzy. Near the end, I heard talking outside the sauna and could not identify the language. A combination of Russian, French and Japanese? When I got out, I asked the ladies, and they said they were from Russia. I said I was afraid I had had a stroke and couldn't understand English any more. (But, hey, the voice in my head speaks English and I had no trouble understanding it.) I took a shower and headed home. I stopped at DATAC for more memory for the old computer, but they were closed. (Old computer keeps saying “Feed me, Damour.”) When I got home, I checked mail and got a lovely birthday card from my father.  I made breakfast and ate it. I also ate a frozen banana after it defrosted a little. I got in some raking before darkness settled. I listened to an audio on the importance of sleep: sleep and stress-reduction are more important than diet and exercise.  If everyone got more sleep, society would be vastly improved, he said  The audio was punctuated by the chirping of the smoke alarm. Having been reminded of “Little Shop of Horrors”, I watched the 1960's version on Youtube. I covered a turkey burger with fresh garlic and ate it. After the movie, I finished the sleep audio, and then returned to the ball puzzles. Until I saw that Michele was online. I skyped with Chris and we worked out how to stop the beeping of the smoke alarm. Then Chris brought Michele into the call. When Chris hung up, the group call dissolved. Michele got us watching re-made trailers and then I spent way too much time watching “Honest Trailers: ” Some are pretty funny, but all of them made the movie sound like a waste of time. It got to be really late and since I just heard an audio on the value of sleep, I had better go get some.
*  This is the newer motherboard, rather photogenic I think  *

No comments: