Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A hot time in no time


Blogger (or Firefox) gave me trouble last night when I tried to post to my blog. But I still made it to bed by 10. Sleep did not come as easily. I tapped for a friend. But then I slept through the night. When I woke up, I stayed in bed ruminating, and got up about 7:30. I started swishing while I read e-mail with my special light. I did most of my exercises, and boiled water for coffee.  I drybrushed and rebounded.  The laptop shut down with no warning, so I checked the power settings but nothing had changed.  I finished detoxing, and cleaned up around the house.  I tried to move furniture back into position.  I listened to an audio, and juiced with headphones on but still couldn't hear the audio. I started preparing breakfast but then remembered to clean up the juicer.  After I did that, I filled 3 water bottles, and finished making breakfast.  I ate breakfast while reading e-mail, the computer getting slower and slower.  I tried using the desktop, and it was slow too.  So I decided to reboot laptop.  It said the fan wasn't working and not to start it back up.  So I put on my suit, packed my gym bag, and drove Chris' car to the arsenal.  I thought it was the caffeine that gave me the confidence to drive.  I hoped it would not wear off in the sauna.  I spent an hour and 40 minutes in the sauna drinking water and doing Sudoku puzzles.  Then I took a shower and came home.  I had a bad moment at the light at Whitesburg.  I was stopped heading uphill and rolled back a little as I tried to go forward. But there was enough room that I did not hit anyone.  At home, I unpacked all the wet stuff.  I started a recipe of communion bread.  I kept running out of space. I guess I should have cleaned and ordered the kitchen before I started, but there just wasn't time.  It was  a sticky mess and I wondered why in the world anyone would pick this recipe.  I made two batches.  The first one went in a ziplock bag for church.  The other needed to cool.  But I just had time to dust myself off and go pick up Roz for choir.  She said she lived in the last house on the street.  But when I got there, it was a set of condos and I could not remember her address.  I called her number but she did not answer.  So I walked up and down the street looking for names or someone peering out of a window.  I called Jennifer but could not reach her.  Finally Roz called me.  She was only one door down from where I parked.  We got in my car and went to church.  The children were still practicing.  I hid my crumby bread in the communion freezer.  We had practice as usual, but the men got to leave early while the women practiced for the sunday after Thanksgiving.  Then I took Roz home.  I waited until she opened her door before I left.  When I got to the light at Whitesburg, I was on a hill again and was glad I had driven my car.  When I got home, I minced some garlic and ate it with hummus.  I also ate some fermented cabbage.  I listened to an audio and cleaned up in the kitchen while waiting for Chris to skype.  When he did, he could not see me.  The camera on the desktop read too dark.  Chris looked up a website that would show me how to replace the fan.  He could order one for only $12, but it would still need installation.  He e-mailed some of his friends in Huntsville.  Then we talked about Parker's pictures of how the men left our house - full of stuff and garbage.  Chris was tired so he went to bed.  I will go too, as soon as I finish this.   
*  This is a tree that I passed yesterday.  Without taking my eyes off the road, I reached into my purse, took out my camera, turned it on, and snapped a pic as I passed.  I am surprised I caught part of the tree.  This is the fastest photo I have ever taken.  *

No comments: