Saturday, November 22, 2014

Alabama Clipper Massacre

   
I got up around 7, swished and read a book with the HappyLight for 20 minutes.
I have been feeling SAD (seasonal affective disorder) coming on. I looked for my green bath towel, and was unable to find it anywhere. I just washed it yesterday so the dryer must have eaten it. I called Parker to ask about the pics she send of the shoddy paint job. She said she would take the handyman on a walkthru but that I should call him and say it was my idea. I called the computer repair place that Chris' friend recommended, but they are not open on Saturdays. I guess my laptop will have to wait. I looked up how to sort by my inbox by name, and then I printed out the handyman's e-mails to me and mine to him. I looked up Kilz paint to see what it is formulated to do. I juiced and ate breakfast, and cleaned up in kitchen. I made lists of things to discuss with the handyman, and looked for notebook to organize all my questions in. The postman rang the doorbell with a package and some mail. As he left, I remembered some misdelivered mail from two days ago and I ran it out to him. I e-mailed a bill to Chris. I wrote out a tentative script then called both of the handyman's numbers and had to leave messages when no one answered. I sent him an e-mail. I laid my cell phone near an open window and worked outside. I cut the hydrangea way back. I cut down a few more four o'clocks. I pulled out another sweet potato vine, I could not tell if the long thick string from underground counted as a potato or not. I raked leaves near the tent. Dillon came over with his dog Minnie, and she left me a 'present'. Sigh. I pulled out the tomato cage in the compost pile and put it with the others for the winter. Feeling powerful with long-handled clippers in my hand, I cut back the small flowering tree in the back yard. We had a falling out. I came in to get my camera which was in front of the computer and ended up reading e-mail. And then it was back to the Alabama clipper massacre. Another tree and a shrub. As Jim Carey said, Somebody stop me! I needed the tarp to carry the clippings to the street, but it was over the tent. I came in for some salad and to check the phone for messages. I listened to more of an audio from yesterday. I pulled the tarp off of the tent and spread it on the ground to dry out the corners. I looked up how to change my homepage from MSN. It turned out to be easier to change it to Bing because they had a link I could click and it was done. I watched the third episode of Lone Gunmen, but there was some disconnect with the DVD player on my desktop for playing the special effects. I looked up one of the actors and got into Gilligan's Island videos on Youtube. Chris skyped me and we talked for two hours. Then I took the DVD downstairs to watch the special effects. Turns out they are nothing more than turning on commentary and rewatching the episodes. I watched one and nearly fell asleep on the couch. I imagined tapping. Then I got up, put the DVD back in its sleeve, turned everything off and posted to my blog so I could go to bed.

   

No comments: