Wednesday, November 26, 2014

More memory

I got up a little before 8. I swished and read for 20 minutes sitting in the sunshine. I exercised and took pre-breakfast vitamins. I checked e-mail. I learned that lycopene absorption goes up when the food is blended, fats are added, and it is heated to taste. Water is more hydrating when it is warm.
I boiled water and coffee, and jumped on the rebounder. I did the detox, and listened to an audio of Wayne Dyer. I read e-mail. Cecily sent me a virtual advent calendar. So I got to decorated a tree on a Jackie Lawson vignette. I juiced carrots, sprouts, apples, and peppers. The peppers were not organic, but they looked fresher than the organic ones. I cleaned up the juicer and took a meditation break. I packed my gym bag, went to the bathroom one more time, and got in Chris' car. I was glad to make it to the gym before 2, but they closed at 2 because of the holiday, so I just left. I stopped at the computer place on Triana. There was a broken jar under my car, so I suspected I had just driven over it. I went inside, and showed the guy the memory stick from my older computer. We mused how 4MG used to mean something. He did not have another 256MG stick, but he found some old memory sticks and gave me 2 64's for free. He said if they did not work, I could bring them back and buy a 512M for $20. I asked for an empty plastic bag before I left. I picked up the shards of glass under my car and most of the marinated vegetable matter that had been in the jar. Then I wiped my hands, and drove home, only stalling once. I put the memory sticks in the old computer and turned it on. I checked e-mail waiting for it to boot up. I made breakfast, and tried to run D-Link installation software, but it said there was a file missing. I didn't think it was rated for Windows 98 anyway. It was getting dark so I raked leaves in the back yard, and lined wheelbarrow with packing paper and used it to pick up all the bricks that were holding the tarp in place over the tent. I checked my phone, and listened to a message from Parker. But the answering service cut it short. Chris skyped me. We talked until he had to go find someone. I put some frozen pineapple in a bowl, put a sweet potato over it and poured coconut oil and pumpkin seeds over that. It was pretty good. I rebooted the old computer and tried to install D-Link again, no go. Parker called, and told me that Ralph was expecting a call from me and that he understood how bad the job had been done. So I called his house. His wife answered and I could tell she wasn't happy, probably because we hadn't paid her husband. When I talked to him, he said he could not fix all the errors in a week and agreed that I would have to pay someone else to fix it, but he would do what he could. He was very disappointed in his men, but could not get his money back. I said I would pay him half now and we could discuss the rest. After the call, I added up the figures he gave me. My total did not match his, so I wondered which one I should take half of. I decided to talk to Chris first. The doorbell rang, signifying that a package had arrived. It was a present from my mother-in-law. When I unwrapped it, it was a skillet, like the one that broke in Korea. I couldn't wait to use it, but did not have anything to cook at the moment. I started clearing the kitchen floor so I could wash it. But stopped to write my mother-in-law a thankyou e-mail. Then I got hooked into a live chat with the phone people again. I washed the kitchen floor. I dried it with a towel. I got hooked on videos on eating raw garlic. Some are not for the faint of heart. I decided to play one of the Rubik's games, but then noticed it was after 10: time to blog and go to bed.
*  This is Alice's quilt in progress from Monday  *

No comments: