Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weeds and what-not

It rained last night, and the tarp, which was laid out flat with bricks on the corners, was blown into a heap. I read from a book with my HappyLight. I made breakfast, and loaded the dishwasher. Unable to find my dark green towel, I showered with the greenest towel I could find, wondering if it was my towel and I just remember the color incorrectly. I got dressed, and checked e-mail quickly. I was going to drive Chris' car, but the weather was bad, and I did not want to make the trip any more stressful. I arrived 15 minutes early. I watched the children practicing for the play. Tim told me Art agreed that after church some Sunday he would show me what he does with the offering, and suggested I attend stewardship meetings. The service started, and during it I realized that my bulletin did not have all the inserts. The communion bread was crumbly and I was sure it was mine. After church I asked to be taken off the bread baking list and she said the committee was thinking of abolishing that program because every Sunday there were crumbs to be swept up and she did not like the idea of sweeping up Jesus. I never thought of it that way. Jennifer Q talked to me about making stoles for the Christmas program. I went to Publix in the rain. Lots of people were there too. I got what I needed and ran it out to my car in the downpour. I drove home and brought it in the house. I checked e-mail and then took notes for my blog. I remember to put groceries away. I was very scattered. The ants were back in force so I put out more ant poison, being sure to shake it up good first. I went back to reading e-mail. I watched videos on the pojagi technique, which I learned in Korea but seemingly they left something out. I washed my rain collection tubs and put them out. I minced fresh garlic into some hummus so I could eat it. Have you ever done something and then immediately wanted to roll the film backwards to undo it? I Bing-ed better ways to eat raw garlic. I made up a weeks worth of supplements, finding only one that needed to be reordered. I divided up the 20 lbs of raw cacao into containers that fit in the cupboard. I wondered as I worked, if I made a 'weeds and what-not' salad to bring for lunch tomorrow if anyone besides me would eat it. I read the transcript of an interview on brain-gut axis. He gave exercises, and supplement suggestions. I put the air purifier in the basement and folded the blankets from the tent, which were still mounded on the pingpong table. I read e-mail again. I ate a sweet potato with a handful of pumpkin seeds. I ran the dishwasher, finally. Ralph called and answered all my questions. God bless him. I added up all the hours he reported for himself, his men and the cleaning crew he hired. Chris skyped me and I divulged my results. I talked to Chris for hours, and looked up date nut ball recipes since he remembered me making one a long time ago. Back to e-mail. I listened to part of an audio. I had to stop it at 10 to blog and go to bed.

No comments: