Sunday, November 9, 2014

The last item on my to-sew list



I unloaded most of the dishwasher.  I tapped for a long time.  Then I put on my warmest clothes and a fleece coat.  I went out to the tent.  The moon was very bright and I could see my breath in the air.  But I had plenty of blankets and arranged them warmly, sleeping on the coat to keep it warm.  About 3:30 nature woke me up and I was glad to have a warm coat to wear to walk to the house.  I went back to sleep in my own bed.  I heard the alarm in the morning, but was not ready to get up.  I had a dream where my car ran out of gas on Huguenot road and I decided to walk to my dad’s house even though I had a cell phone and could have called.  I stopped at a party along the way and chatted with my friends, then continued my walk.  Eventually the side of the road I was walking on got so steep that I had to climb up and cross to the other side.  I must have woken then because I don’t remember getting to the other side.
I got up around 9:30.  I decided to forgo my usual routine in order to be more productive.  But I started my day the usual way anyway: swishing, exercise, e-mail, and meditation.  There were flies on the kitchen window and I swatted them.  Yesterday I had trapped a couple of flies between the window and the screen in the den.  There were more flies there today.  So these are not regular flies, they are TRIBBLE flies.  I talked to Parker about progress on the house and new appliances.  I listened to an audio on toxins in environment.  I tried to google a map of Montesano trails, but in either browser the webpage was blank.  i opened the windows and turned on the fan to freshen the air.   I cut a piece of fabric and chose thread for a quilt label for Doris.  I set the machine in motion so I could do a few other things.  I listened to another audio on fermentation.  The audios load into the buffer so I can carry the laptop around the house while they play, even though it is not connected to the internet.  When the embroidery was finished, I trimmed the jump threads.  I went outside to rake leaves in the front and back yards, and to pick up sticks.  I brought in the mail, and read the mail while listening to a third audio, this one on the moon.  I noted bills to send to Chris, and picked out coupons for electrical and air duct cleaning.  I looked up ordering carpet and appliances online for the house we are fixing up.  I watched 2 episodes of X-Files.  Then I looked up two characters that sound the same, but they don’t seem to have any kin in common.  I put laundry in the washer, then explored the site of a new meet-up.  It sounds interesting but they meet in New Hope.  The quilt label turned out so big that I decided to resize the other one before I stitched it out.  That involved turning on the old computer and I had trouble with it.  But eventually I did succeed and put the new size on the card, the card in the machine, and stitched it onto another piece of fabric.  It sat there, finished, for some time until I was able to get back to it.  I was looking stuff up on the internet waiting for Chris and Michele to finish their game and skype with me.  I made up a Christmas list for Cecily, complete with links to sites where the items can be ordered.  But I suspect what she really wants are things that can be bought at the mall on Black Friday.  I heard from Chris about 11:30.  Michele came on, too, and we talked somewhat.  Chris and I were both falling asleep.  Michele left first.  Then Chris hung up, and then I made my blog notes into full sentences so I could post it and go to bed.
*  I think this belongs to Pat.  She has made three of them and plans to make another.  *

No comments: