Sunday, November 30, 2014

CB called. He wants his tree back.

I heard the alarm go off at 8 but I needed a few more minutes. When I got up, I swished, and read e-mail. I made breakfast while listening to an audio on the desktop. I couldn't really hear it. I forgot to exercise, but I showered, dressed in a hurry, and memorized the grocery list. I grabbed the grocery bag and choir folder, and hurried to church in my car. The children were practicing for the Christmas play. My pew buddy wished me a happy birthday. He also said I get prettier all the time. I wish my mirror would say that. The choir ladies practiced their song and we waited for the service to begin. A number of other people wished me a happy birthday, and then I found out it was in the bulletin. I also found out that we are supposed to wrap the gifts for the angel tree. In the bulletin it said the gifts were for seniors, but my angel is in her late 40's, younger than me, and I know I am not a senior, so how can she be? I should have made notes during the announcements of all the things to remember. The ladies sang “The Holly and the Ivy” after the greens had been presented. After church I looked for Jennifer to ask if she needed me to make stoles for the Christmas play next week, but she was gone. I thanked Cecelia for the birthday card she sent. I went to Publix for groceries. The bagger that Chris usually speaks French to, put all my groceries in my pink Publix sack. He offered to take it to my car but I did it myself. When I got home, I hunted up the blue one they gave me months ago. At least next time the food can be divided between two sacks for a balanced load. I changed my clothes and put the groceries away. I got a jarful of water from the bucket out back, ran it through a coffee filter to get out any fly larvae and watered my indoor plants. I dug up some garlic from the back yard and minced it onto the remaining turkey burger. I ate it with pickled peppers. Peter Piper was not present. I checked e-mail. My dentist sent me a pic of a cake made of flowers. That was nice. I turned off the heat and opened the windows. I laid down for awhile. I wanted to put up my tree and get the Christmas season started. So I moved the stereo system to the coffee table, and put in 5 Christmas CD's. When the music started, I went into the basement to get the tree. I brought up the parts as I found them. But I did not find them all. I searched the whole basement, and garage, and tornado room, and the upstairs. But most of the branches remained missing. I shut off the music. I had so looked forward to setting up the tree and decorating it beautifully. What I got was a Charlie Brown tree. I went into the computer room to watch the two remaining X-files episodes. Halfway through the second one, Chris called me on Skype. I paused the DVD to talk to him. When I told him about the missing branches, he said he couldn't believe we moved half a tree. Then it occurred to me that the rest of it could be in Pinehurst. He suggested I could buy another tree and found one on Amazon for less than $50. The reviews were iffy, so I kept looking after he hung up. But then I decided to finish the episode and post to my blog so I could go to bed.

No comments: