Sunday, May 31, 2009

Michele's Birthday



We got up earlier than usual for a Sunday in order to plan the shopping list for the birthday party. We brought plates, napkins, forks and a cooler to church. I also brought the baby quilt I made. Nancy was there and she had a baby gift, too. So we gave our gifts to the minister's wife to take to the baby shower. After church we drove to the picnic spot. Michele, Al, and I stayed to set up, while Chris and Cecily went to the commissary to get food, the cake and stuff. Around noon, Michele's friends started showing up. Not many came however, so we had a lot of food and cake left over. However, those who came had a good time talking. Chris grilled, and we ate hotdogs and hamburgers. I covered the tables with quilting fabric for tablecloths. After the gift-giving and cake cutting ceremonies, the girls decided to watch a movie. After much discussion, they decided to watch a movie Michele had, so they all came to our apartment to watch it. The rest of us cleaned up the food then came back to the apartment as well. I had Michele's biggest present still sitting wrapped in my sewing room, so I brought it out so I could clean up in there. Well, then she wanted to open it right then and there in the middle of the movie. Boy was she surprised to get a laptop! And Photoshop software to go with it. After the movie, the girls left. Later Chris, Michele and I went to post to see "Night at the museum: Smithsonian". It was pretty good. Now I'd like to see the first one.

No comments: