Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back from Tokyo...(sigh)

IT is after 11pm. Let's see if I can still type.
We landed and taxied to the terminal, arriving right at 9:15. We had heard that there was a bus leaving for the post at 10, so we hurried through security and immigration, to arrive at baggage claim. Things went amazingly well and we were early for the bus. But then we were informed that it was going to wait for a later flight to clear and might not leave until 11. So we decided to get a taxi. Judy left us to catch a hotel bus, so there were only three of us to share the $60 cab fare. But then another lady asked to join our group so we got to split it 4 ways - AND she spoke Korean. Well, on the way, we went through a toll booth and the driver wanted us to pay the tolls, but we refused, thinking it should be part of the price. When we got to the DHL, we paid him and tipped him, so he got his toll fare anyway. Although most of the snow and ice had melted, it was still cold, much colder than Tokyo. I wanted to go back. Instead, I offered Cathy and Annette a ride to their apartments, hoping the car would start after sitting so long in the cold. Bingo! We must have been living right. I dropped them off, then drove home.
All the good parking spots were taken and I had to park at the very back of the garage. I carried my three bags up to the apartment (taking the stairs out of habit) and dropped them on the floor. I skimmed my e-mail list, and decided to make a quick post and go to bed.

No comments: