Monday, January 25, 2010

Quilters gone wild

I set my phone alarm to wake me up, but I was awake long before. I think I must have slept really well. I used the Neuroprogrammer software with an HGH session, to be followed by the cat's purr and then the computer on 'hibernate'. But after the HGH session it hibernated, so I ran the purr program when I woke up. I exercised, ate, showered and dressed. I went to the gate to meet Pam but I was early. It was too cold to stand and wait so I started walking and made it almost to the commissary entrance before she came along. My plan was for the group to work on QOV, but there weren't enough steps to keep everyone busy so some people worked on baby quilts. We even got a Thankyou note with pictures from one grateful mother. Several people brought in tops they made from kits. Three got completed. Although we didn't complete any QOV tops, I think we sewed all the strips sets for three or four, and cut maybe half into blocks. We had some show-and-tell, but I didn't have my camera. Sigh. Today was Judy's last day and we will miss her. She goes back to the states on Thursday. Are we jealous? Maybe. But we wish her the best. After I got home, I got on the computer to send out e-mails to handle my presidential duties. We are planning to ask for funding from several groups. So there is some paperwork involved. Then I figured out how to make an audio file of me talking to my subconscious. I had to record it many times to get it just right. I also had to switch microphones. I cued it to run during the theta session. Then I took a break and fell asleep. When I awoke, it was 4:30. Although I could have run to post, driven to the theatre, and been there before the movie started at 5, I was feeling a little groggy so I decided to see the movie tomorrow. I had supper (ground bison and salad) and for dessert, a glass of fiber with cinnamon and honey in it. Then, I went into my sewing room and made two more pillowcases. Judy turned in a really cute one this morning, so I have a total of 45. I think I'll mail them in when we reach 50.
** The continuing saga of Tuesday Jan 19th **
I didn't have my wallet so I went back for it. While there, I searched for my ID, then gave up. I didn't realize until I returned to the restaurant that I STILL didn't have my wallet and I had to go back. My three friends ordered tempura dinners, but I didn't want anything fried so I ordered the cheapest teppanyaki. It came with sashimi (which was a lot like sushi), and miso soup. MMMM! Afterwards we went back to our room and called Ann, to take her up on her offer to show us a place in Nappori where we could buy more blue and white fabric. We made arrangements to meet her the next morning by the bank. J and I had show and tell in our room, trying on our kimonos. We also investigated the game room and the internet room. What can I say? Quilters gone wild. Internet access was $7 an hour, but J showed me how to get in, send an e-mail, and get out for a $1, with credit left over for tomorrow. J and I went back upstairs, talked for quite a while, then went to bed.

No comments: