Thursday, January 28, 2010

Long meeting


I got up about 8, with the usual routine. The snow was gone, replaced by black ice. By 9:30 I had walked to post and driven to Starbucks for our board meeting. We met to talk about requesting funds from several organizations on post. We decided to go to Dongdaemun tomorrow morning. This is my kind of group! We put the 'fun' in funding! Anyway, the others left, but Cathi stayed to talk. And we did, 'till 3pm! We have a lot in common.
So then I went home, leaving the car on post. The ice was gone and everything was wet. I had some of my liver soup from yesterday. Yes, I got on my computer and cleared some e-mails, left others for later. I pulled out some fabric to take to class tonight. I was going to cut fabric for pillowcases there since my sewing room seems to get smaller the more fabric I buy. So I packed a number of coordinating sets. I loaded my music-themed bag and headed out. I got there just after 6. The storage room was full of drumset, again. I wanted to move it out of the way, but there was another lady in there looking at tablecloths. So we talked and finally she left. I moved some drums out of the way, just enough to squeeze in and get stuff for the class. When no one had shown up by 6:25 I started to wonder if I was going to be alone, (and very productive). But several girls came with their moms. They worked on the rugs, the moms worked on the sew-and-flip squares and I cut pillowcase strips. Two new people came. I showed them how to make the pillow case and let them make one.
Another lady came late and she wanted to buy some of the fabric I had brought for pillowcases. So I sold it to her. Not like there is any shortage at my house. The lady who made the pillowcase offered to teach a paper-piecing class, maybe in March. That sounded good to me! At 8:30 we packed up, and got out. Some how I carried more out than I carried in. AS I drove back to the apartment, I reached down to grab the clicker to let me into the complex. Somehow that action shifted me into neutral, and the car stopped on the hill. The big taxi behind me blew it's horn. Then it followed me into the apartment complex. Ok, I kept going, down into the garage, and it went down too. It seemed odd to me, but then it turned at the bottom of the ramp. That was good because I didn't want it waiting impatiently behind me while I tried to park. Back in the apartment, I ate some salad and a well-pickled egg. I got on the computer and was able to have a SKYPE conversation with Chris while typing my blog.

No comments: