Friday, January 29, 2010

The quilt top Toniette made


I agreed to meet my freinds at gate 19 at 9:45. But in my eagerness to run out, I forgot my fanny pack. That's the thing with my phone and money - and the card to get back into the building! So I had to stand outside the door, waiting for someone to come out so I could go back in. Still, I was only a few minutes late. Then since we could all fit in Toniette's van, she drove us to Dongdaemun. It was cold walking from the engineers parking lot, across the river to the fabric buildings. Yet somehow I detected spring in the air. We decided to do our inside shopping first. I got a pack of size 16 needles for the jeans to skirt class. Then we stopped by our favorite fabric place. Since he won't be at the luncheon, I felt free to stock up now. But I only spent 74,000 won. Then we went to the minki place. I got two yards of pink minki for 1100 won ($10). The others bought some too. Then we went to the Moda guy, whose stall is outside. But he had plastic sheeting over the doorway so it wasn't so bad.
There we saw the perfect print for making baby quilts because we could use it as is. No need to cut and sew back together. But we don't have funding yet. Hopefully it will still be there. LAstly we visited the label guy. But the man there didn't know any of the prices so we will have to go back when the owner is present. Till we drove back and I went home, it was almost 1. I got on my computer to check e-mail. I watched a video on the dangers of Gardisil. But after a while I just had to take a break. I need to make samples for class and was afraid to go in my sewing room because of all the piles of fabric. I spent hours cleaning and organizing all the fabric on the floor and my sewing table ( not to mention the new stuff I bought today). Is there a 12-step program for fabric addicts? A friend e-mailed me to ask if I would be the Thrift shop events coordinator. Gee, hmm, tough question. Tempting, but no. When I got on my computer later, I played Helen Reddy songs on youtube. It was tough to quit long enough to post to my blog. Oops, its midnight.

No comments: