Saturday, January 30, 2010

My family returns

I think I woke up around 8. I exercised and had breakfast. I spent some time clearing out e-mail. I also spent some time picking up the apartment and vaccuming dust. Using a cloth to dust would be like using a sponge to clean up a mudslide. We need power. I don't normally do Michele's room, but today I was brave. I discovered the New York City of dustbunnydom under her bed. I think they were electing representatives to the U.N. so they could apply for nation status. Until THE SWEEPER came along. (cue scary music.) I hope that wasn't some project Michele was doing on emerging cultures. Ooops. I also did some sewing, trying to spice up some donated pillowcases that were not colorful enough.
Todays most memorable link was a video of an interview with Donald Yance, an expert clinical herbalist. He treats cancer patients (and others) with herbs and is often sucessful.
Chris called from the airport to tell me when they expected to arrive at the DHL. So I drove over there and parked where I could see the bus arrive. When it did, I drove up and parked behind it, but Chris didn't see me and carried all the luggage over to the hotel. He called me, but my phone was recharging back at the apartment.
I found him, though, and I picked them both up. We stopped by the office to pick up the mail, then went home. I thought they would go straight to bed after being up for 24 hours, but they both managed to stay up a little longer. Michele made it to 8:30!
Now I alone am awake to tell the tale.

No comments: