Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In the 20's


The temperature wasn't the only thing in the 20's. Actually it might have been lower. Today's luncheon was celebrating the 1920's by inviting members to dress as flappers. Well, I had to do my part. I had a suitable black dress and Michele accessorized it for me. Someone took my picture but hasn't sent it to me yet. Anyway, I got several nice comments. One lady said she had to look twice to recognize me.
In addition to lunch, there was shopping and I partook. This month I spent $145 for 58 yards and got 8 more for free. Most of them are for making pillowcases. It's such fun! After the luncheon I went to the AnC center to help Cathy do two baby quilts for Stork's Nest. Annette came too, and we discussed our upcoming trip to Tokyo. Can't wait!
Later at home, I washed up some of the fabric and set the pillowcase ones aside. I got on my computer to clear e-mail and worked on a binding while listening to an audio interview. I saw a Youtube video on making crunchy kale chips. Looked healthy. I also entered my volunteer hours on the army website for December and part of January.
I hope to have a picture up tomorrow. Well, it is tomorrow already, so maybe later today.

No comments: