Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stripping!


Thursday is thrift shop day. I spent some time with e-mails this morning, then gathered up all the recyclables and headed out. After putting each kind in it's place, I left the recycling area and walked to post. I was just in time to catch the bus! I took it to the thrift shop. It was cold outside and in. I shelved all the books and videos. A lady came by to borrow a quilting ruler which I had brought. I finished in 2.5 hours. I had planned to stay longer, but it was cold and I didn't want to price stuff. So I walked to the DHL to get $100 bills. Then I walked over to Chris' office. He drove us to the Itaewon gate and we walked to the money changer. He got won and I got yen for my trip to Tokyo. He also gave me a key to Howson's car, which is now our car, but he won't be done with it until I get back from Tokyo. Back at the apartment, I had lunch and washed some mixed nuts(too much salt and cottonseed oil). To dry them I put them in the oven, then went into my sewing room to work on some pillowcases. Unfortunately, the nuts got a little singed. But I did finish the cases. Then I lay down for a meditation session and fell asleep. When I woke up, Chris was home. I had a quick supper and bundled up with my class supplies. I walked to post and drove the car to the SPC. Star was just ahead of me. She came early to help me set up! And we did. We laid out the strips according to color. A few others came and I showed them how to sew the strips onto the batting and backing. I also showed them how to join the squares, but that didn't stick because I had to do it several more times over the course of the evening. When it came time to clean up, the supple room was full of drum set. Sometimes they put it in the corner where it belongs, but lately they have been putting it where it blocks access to our cabinets. Anyway, everyone had a good time and I didn't think to take pictures until it was too late. I drove home without any trouble. While sitting at my computer, Michele came up and asked me to serge the ends of a piece of red Chinese brocade. She plans to wear it to Rokugan, a big gaming convention in the states. She and Chris leave early Saturday morning.

No comments: