Sunday, January 24, 2010

I learn something new every day

I awoke about 8 (same time as yesterday) after sleeping in the computer room. This time I played a centering mp3 concurrent with the Theta session. I don't think it added anything to the experience. I had plenty of time to have breakfast and get ready for church. I wanted to write a check but could not remember what to name it. Chris uses a 4-letter acronym. But I couldn't think of one that made sense. So I put cash in the plate. The sermon was a sequel to last week's sermon and was just as good. Nancy is back from the states but now her husband is there, so she is batching it like I am. After church I met a lady who is a doctor. She has some of the same food concerns that I do (aspartame, genetically modified, processed, etc) She only buys Korean produce. We talked for a long time. There was a table with wilting pointsettias on it, so I took one along.
My car wouldn't start, but the next service was just getting out so I was able to get someone to jump it for me. I drove to the commissary and bought some fruit and a tomato. I meant to get a copy of the garrison paper since several people mentioned that my picture was on the front cover, but I forgot. I had a time carrying groceries, the pointsettia, and the kimbap leftover from church up to the apartment. Kimbap was lunch. I sprinkled some curry on it because the lady Dr. said a lifetime of curry keeps her father's memory sharp. I looked through my Japanese fabric purchases to see if I could part with any of them. Well, maybe one. Cathy S. suggested that I bring them to the meeting to show tomorrow, but I am afraid that the others will ask for some. I wanted to hand one on the wall in my bedroom, but nothing looked quite right and I ended up hanging my red and gold quilt. I read through my e-mail, answered a few, wrote up a schedule for the group and sent that out. I listened to some more Youtube blurbs about how Monsanto is putting pressure on reporters to keep quiet about bad test results for their genetically modified crops.The reporters were fired because they refused to modify their report to Monsanto look better. They went to court, and were told that falsifying news is not technically illegal. I had to laugh. That explains a lot! While listening, I was finishing my double wedding ring quilt top. I got it done and cut away the backing used to hold the borders in place. It looks great, just like I envisioned it. For supper I cooked up some ground Bison with curry and made a large salad. I turned on the tree lights again. It is so pretty. Maybe I can decorate it for seasons throughout the year!
I also looking into using my Neuroprogrammer software for more customized sessions. I ended up importing something from the web that uses a cat's purr. The author says that the frequencies of a cats purr keeps them healthy and helps them heal faster.


** Tuesday at lunch **
Judy passed out granola bars and I had brought nuts. Then we took turns going to the bathroom and watching all our purchases. Because carrying them was prohibitive, we also took turns watching them while the others finished the quilt show. J sat first. I finished up the exhibit and took my turn to sit. The last exhibit was from the Allentown Museum! I did not know that Allentown (where my grandparents lived in PA) had a quilt museum. The quilts reminded me of the ones my grandmother had and that brought tears to my eyes. When my sitting spell was over, I finished the tour of vendor booths, then went back to sit. J and I separately counted non-Asian people as they filed past us to the exit. Maybe 5, total? So I guess we stuck out.
At 6:30 the others returned and we collected our stuff to file out along with everyone else. Good to the last minute! It was dark out and the city had it's lights on. They were brilliant! There was a short light-music-waterjet show that we were just in time to see. WE walked to a nearby shopping center to see lighted arches and huge decorative balls of lights. Then we got on the subway and came home, me draggin my wheeled cart behind me. It was convenient but noisy. However, the twist ties I used to keep the wheels on worked perfectly. Back at the hotel, I couldn't find my ID, but the guard let me in anyway. I guess that sign "100% ID check" should read "99% ID check". We went up to our rooms to unpack, then to the Japanese restaurant on the 2nd floor.

No comments: