Friday, January 15, 2010

Ice rink


I read through some e-mail this morning, and got started on a birthday present for my mother-in-law. I am not sure if she reads my blog regularly so I won't say what it is just yet. I washed and dried some nuts, but they got a little blackened in the oven while drying. I packed up my ice skates, put on my skating outfit, and walked to post. Chris picked me up at the gate and dropped me off at Gate 17, Ichon station. From there I took line 4 to Sadang, then transferred to line 2 to Jamsil. I allowed an hour for this, but arrived in 35 minutes. I went to meet Helen, who was also early. Along the way I passed a man selling fuzzy socks for 2000 won, so I bought 2 pairs. He complimented my Korean. Hm.
Helen and I met up and walked into Lotte world. It is a huge shopping center and amusement park and ice rink and swimming pool, etc. We went to the ice rink. We bought tickets (8500w for admission). The lady said it was for 3 hours of skating. Well, 'till we got our skates on and stuff put in a locker, and climbed to the rink, the Zamboni machine was starting its rounds. So we waited and waited. The ice rink is open to the rest of the mall so it isn't that cold. The ice had to refreeze. And when we finally got on, it wasn't that smooth either. But we had fun skating around, dodging kids and beginners, etc. It was crowded because all the kids are out of school for the month. We took breaks now and then to rest our ankles. When the zamboni came out again, we decided to call it a day. The locker room was packed! But we eventually made it out. I had to change from my fleece outfit to a t-shirt because the outfit was so hot. Then we went to a coffee shop and got smoothies, persimmon and blueberry. Then I was cold! AFter we finished, we went back to the subway, then in different directions. The subway got crowded after I got on and I was glad to have a seat. I got off at Ichon, then ran to the bus stop. I was just in time to catch the bus to my gate. I walked to the apt. There I found Chris and Michele watching TV. We had supper, and then I finished the birthday present. Chris showed me how to use my cell phone as an alarm clock. I set it for 5:45 Am. I am going to see Chris and Michele off on their trip to the states tomorrow.

No comments: