Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Goodies from the post office


Chris went to work today and I needed to get out too. Trouble is, between my sewing room and the computer room, I have an unlimited amout of diversion. Well, I got all my e-mail sorted through, and then Cathy called. So I went over to the AnC Center to see her quilt. She has the borders done, but is waiting for an on-line quilter to digitize the center design. I just happened to have one of the baby quilts with me, and she happened to have some extra minki. So we unzipped her leaders from the longarm and put a new set on for my quilt. We were just picking out a design, when Chris called. He was going to the commissary and needed me to sit in the car so he could leave it running. Apparently the battery is old and it doesn't want to crank in cold weather. So I left, hoping to get back to it tomorrow (though not until after working at the thrift shop). Actually he picked me up. I sat until he returned with groceries and we called Michele to help us unload at the apt. building.
We had quite a haul: groceries, mailorder cookware, and mailorder vitamins. I guess it was a good day at the post office. As Michele and I put up groceries, Chris washed the new cookware and started supper. It is from Ceramcor and is guaranteed not to leach anything into your food. Also good up to 2700F. We had burritos. After supper I finished a book on exercise (synopsis: short intensity bursts followed by recovery time are better than long aerobic workouts for fatburning, muscle-building, life-lengthening, lung expandion, etc. PACE by Dr. Al Sears, FYI. Then back to the computer. My class is now up to 16 people, and at least 5 of them need machines. I hope the rest bring their own because we only have 7. But the count gets updated constantly. Oh, I also made another pillowcase. They are a lot of fun to make.

No comments: