Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Aloha Luncheon

I was excited about going to the luncheon, but couldn't decide what to wear. I have several sarongs from the Philippines that seemed appropriate. So I tried wearing one over my bathing suit. About that time MaryAnn called, and I asked her if it was appropriate. She asked someone else, and they said no. So I ditched that, and tried my wrap-and tie pants with a white top. Well, the top had a spot on it, and only white goes with those pants. So finally I wore the green broomstick skirt and top with a shell necklace. I got to the DHL at 9:55, and walked to the gate to sign in Sue and her husband. She and I looked through the fabric man's wares at the same time. But she finished first. A gentleman I have never met asked if he could come to our meeting on June 6th to see Mr. Kang sell fabric. Seemed ok to me, I think he sells quilts. Then I signed Sue and her husband out, and the luncheon began. First they handed out $67,000 in scholarships. I wish Michele had submitted an application. Then we had a buffet lunch. After that, there were announcements and the raffling of the vendor donations, as well as the ceremonial changing of the AFSC board. Here is MaryAnn wearing her lei of office. She said she was being outstalled. The new secretary was not there to be installed, but Maryann turned in her lei anyway. After the luncheon things slowed down a lot. MaryAnn and I chatted for quite some time, and then I drove over to Leslie's place where Julia was visiting. Julia and I had planned to go hiking, but the hard rain changed our plans. Instead, I watched her teach three kids how to cross-stitch. I saw Mary as I was leaving and promised to call her about tomorrow. Michele was home when I got there, and Chris arrived soon after. I forgot all about my newly-purchased fabric as I dived into my daily dose of e-mail. Dave came over, and the three of them started a DnD type game. They were so loud that I had to shut the door to concentrate on my e-mail. I got through most of it, and called Mary, and then took a break to clean up all the clothing and stuff I had pulled out this morning trying to put an outfit together. Then I did a little figuring for our Thursday night project, and wrote myself a set of instructions. Tomorrow I will follow them and make any corrections for Thursday. I soaked my sprouting seeds, made Chris a sandwich, and posted to my blog. Bedtime.

No comments: