Friday, May 27, 2011

Chris' birthday

I awoke to the sensation of Chris unwrapping his birthday present - well one of them, anyway. He showered first, and then it was my turn. After breakfast, he and his dad went to run errands. Cecily did multiple loads of laundry and packed for our trip tomorrow. I walked to the commissary to buy veggies to juice. While there, I ran into someone from the thrift shop. We got to talking, and then I saw Chris walking in the last aisle. So instead of walking home, I rode with Chris and his father. I told Cecily later that I had picked up two guys at the commissary and they followed me home. Ha. When we got home, we chatted a bit, had lunch and Chris opened his presents. Mostly books and two sets of steak knives. And then I juiced the veggies to make veggie pops, and ran through some e-mail. Chris then did several loads of laundry. At six I changed clothes, and we went into Itaewon to eat at Zelen's. It was not as flavorful as I remember. But we had a good time. Cecily and I wore our matching purses. Afterwards we stopped at Paris Baguette for Cecily, but she didn't get anything. We walked back to post, and drove home. I took another swipe at e-mail, and posted stuff for the quilt group, and then turned my attention to packing. We are going to Jeju island for 3 days. I love getting out of Seoul, but packing is always hard for me. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris.
There are always
lovely cakes at Paris Baguette.
Hope you enjoy Jeju island and pack sunscreen.
AL from CA