Saturday, May 21, 2011

Re-inventing the wheel

Today was another chilly, rainy day. I got a request for HST's on e-mail, and I didn't have enough left of the last batch, so I made another sheet (makes 18).
My mother-in-law brought me an old purse that someone had made, and she wanted me to deconstruct it and make her a new one. I had done it before, but the pattern and instructions that I came up with are in storage. So I had to start from scratch, taking the purse apart. I showed her my selection of heavier fabrics and she didn't like any of them, wanted something plain. So I decided to make a test model so I would be ready when we went to the fabric market to pick out something she'd like. But when I got out the black with multi-colored peppers fabric, she loved it and asked her husband if it was ok. Well of course he said 'yes'. He's a smart man. So I took measurements, made patterns, and cut out all the pieces for the purse and the lining. Then I took a break. Soon it was time for supper. We talked through supper and into the evening. I will have to work on the purse tomorrow.
During this purse-making process, we all went to the PX so Michele could pick out an Ipod for her birthday. I have my fingers crossed that I get her old one.
* Quilt from Tokyo show *

No comments: