Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Star Wars Day

I got up at 7 to eat, shower and dress. I grabbed the cardboard recyclables on my way out. After dropping them off, I drove to the theater, where I parked and walked to the elementary school. In Mrs. Jackson's room, I was assigned to the smart board. The kids were playing a game where they can blow up a submarine by typing in the coordinates. It seemed like the easiest center, so I don't know why she gave it to me. The kids were so good at it that I switched over to the egg game. We were finished before 10, so I walked over to the Chosun and paid for next week's luncheon. Then I drove to the little park to read in solitude and connect with the earth. Then every siren on post went off. Or on. It was loud, and I would have been scared, but it happened at precisely 11am, which told me it was a drill. And it was. So I read until it was over, and then I went home. I cleared e-mail, and generated a few. I listened to an interview, too. Mostly though, I have been deleting them. I swept up in the livingroom and sewing room. Cleaning the vacuum filter is not one of my favorite activities. I called Julia when I saw that she had called me yesterday. She wished me a happy StarWars day. I had never heard of this, so she explained it - "May the 4th be with you." Ha, ha, ha.
Then I sat down to read. Chris came home and warmed up leftovers. I continued reading until Chris went to bed. He had to be at work at 6 for a teleconference. There is also one at 3am, but he is skipping that one. Now I have to make the sandwich and go to bed.
* Another quilt from Tokyo *

No comments: