Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day after Buddha's Birthday

I forgot to mention yesterday that it was Buddha's birthday. Michele had the day off from school. I never got the day off when I went to college.
Anyway, I spent the morning on e-mail, then dropped off some recyclables, and drove to the SPC. I met Cathy, Mary, and Kim. Cathy drove us to Sue's building. We found her in the lobby. She showed us the back way to get to a nearby Italian restaurant. It was very nice. Sue bought us lunch as her way of saying goodbye. She is moving this weekend to another place in Korea, but will come back once in a while to say hello (and buy fabric). We got back around three, and I then drove to Gate 17 to take the subway to Dongdaemun. I figured it wouldn't take long to buy a few things, but it did.
First I bought zippers. Lots of them, in different colors and lengths. At around 20 cents each, it was hard not to. And Cathy wanted some as well. Then I went up to the fifth floor to buy magnetic snaps. Got a few zippers there as well. I also bought Cathy some white fabric, and some more quilt backing for me. I looked for a metal tape measure that I could cut up and make some more bags. Couldn't find one. But Mrs. Kang asked around for me, and led me through the market and down an alley, etc, to a place that sold me a 3 meter one for 5000 won. I stopped to buy myself a folding umbrella because Michele used mine until it broke. I bought a roll of kimbap at a street stand on my way to the subway. I did not get home until after 6. Chris had already eaten, and there was pork on the stove. So I ate some of that, and then began the process of clearing e-mail. Chris told me that a box of supplements had come in. But I didn't open it. And I haven't yet processed the fabric I bought on Tuesday. Quick, somebody feel my forehead. I must be sick!
Michele wanted to watch a movie, so I picked one of the unlabeled ones. It turned out to be the A-Team which we have already seen. So I labeled it, and chose another. This one was "The Bounty Hunter". I filled the bread machine to make another loaf, and sat down to crochet my rug. After the movie, it was time for bed.

No comments: