Tuesday, May 17, 2011

She made me do it

The alarm went off at 7, but I stayed in bed to meditate. Then I had breakfast, e-mail, a shower, etc. I dropped off glass for recycling before going to the thrift shop. There was a mountain of books waiting for me. I got them on the shelves, but did not have time to arrange them because Mrs. Chung wanted to leave at 3. Also, the bookroom was full of bicycles which did not help. MaryAnn came in near the end of my shift. So we sat out at the picnic table near the thrift shop and chatted. I sat barefoot to exchange electrons with the earth. Knowing as she does, that I have been frustrated with the student that comes on Thursdays, she offered to call the father and tell him I quit. I think she was totally serious. It seemed like such a cop-out to have a friend do it, that I called him myself and ended that situation. I feel that I did not handle it as well as I should have, but it is a relief to know it is over. No more waiting for the child when she is not coming, or having her refuse to do the lesson I planned for her.
At 5 we parted, so she could pick up her husband, and so I could go home to wait for mine. I snacked on tomatoes, and fermented coconut milk. It is really good with strawberries. Michele and I weren't hungry when Chris got home so he ate leftovers. An old friend from high school found me on Facebook and we 'chatted' for a bit until she had to go to work. Then I put on an unlabeled DVD. I kinda like having no idea what movie I am going to see. If I don't like it, I can turn it off, but everything is a surprise because there is no 'back of the box' to read. Tonight's movie was "The Last Song". If you watch it, bring tissues.
* The next quilt from Tokyo *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be watching that movie tonight.I'm going to get my tissues ready. Enjoy your free time on Thursdays!!
AL from Ca