Friday, May 13, 2011

Finally fixed that flat tire, but...

If you have not seen my latest posts, it is because Blogger has taken them down while they do something to their system. It isn't that I didn't post.
I spent my morning on the computer, answering personal e-mail and deleting the ones that want to sell me something. I did some vacuuming and mopping 'cause my in-laws are coming next week. In the afternoon, I washed most of the fabric I bought last week, and ironed it, except for the king-size quilt backing. I washed it, but not sure how to iron something so big. When Michele came home, I asked her to help me take my bike to the shop. The tire was flat and I didn't want to roll it anymore than I had to. So we went the back way, up the steps. We had to wait in line, but not long. The man took the tire off, and pulled out the innertube. It was split wide open. Unusual for a bike that has only been ridden once. Maybe it was in storage too long? Then when he put the wheel back on, he noticed that the rim was bent/warped. That made it graze the brake when it wasn't supposed to. How in the heck did that happen? Well, when we got it home, I checked to see if I still had the receipt, and I don't. So tomorrow I will check another bike shop to see if they carry that rim. Chris came home a little later, as I was cooking bison for supper. He made a pot of tortellini for himself, Michele and Romaric, who arrived soon after. Then the three of them proceeded to play their fantasy game. I spent the evening clearing out the e-mails with video links. I am down to 20 unread messages, and 3700 in the inbox. Now I want to post to my blog, but Blogger isn't accepting any new postings.

No comments: