Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fractions with Fern

I woke up a little before 7. I quickly showered, dressed and ate breakfast. I reached the parking lot of the theater a little after 8, and signed in at the school at 8:15. I was asked to play a fractions game with the kids. Other volunteers were asked to do time and money games. I thought she'd given me fractions because of my background as a teacher, but no, she just liked writing "Fractions with Fern" on the whiteboard for the kids. Ha, ha. Rotations were over by 9:30, so I went to the thrift shop to tell Ella that I had other plans for Thursday. Then I went to GNC to buy flax seed. I called Chris to tell him that I was ready to pick up his mother at the walk-in gate. I drove directly there and he and she were waiting for me. He walked to his office from there even though I offered to drive him. I took Cecily to gate 17, from which we caught the subway to Dongdaemun. She bought purse fabric, velcro in several colors, and zippers. The zippers were too long, so the lady stripped off the extra teeth and put new stops on. Custom made zippers! I bought a zipper foot and a piping foot for my sewing machine. It took a long time to find any purse fabric, and even then, it was a roll here, or two rolls there. No one vendor had a good selection. We ran into Cathy who was shopping for zippers too. At 1 we took the subway home. We stopped by the YRC building for Cecily to get her new ration card (now she can buy alcohol on post). She turned down my offer to take her to the shoppette that sells wine. So we went home. I had lunch, and used the new zipper and velcro to finish my purse, and Cecily's purse. I also replaced the velcro in her old white purse. Then I turned my attention to e-mail. She and Chris made supper. Just after we sat down to eat, Michele came home. Guess we should have waited. I cleaned up after supper, and Chris ran the dishwasher. Cecily gave me a Sudoku puzzle labeled "Deadly", and it was. I worked on that and a 12x12 for the rest of the evening.

No comments: