Monday, May 23, 2011

Help! We are quilting and we can't stop!

I got up early because I heard Chris shower, dress and leave. I thought he had taken the week off. I did my chi gung exercises, had breakfast, skimmed e-mail, and sliced up a brick of cheese for lunch. I gathered up everything in my Monday box and added a wet microfiber cloth. I left a little early so I would have time to wash my windshield. When I got to the SPC, I pulled out the cloth from it's zip lock bag, folded it into 16ths, and started wiping. I did the inside and the outside, the side windows, rear window and the side view mirrors. It made the windows shine! And I could see through them, which is good, too. I went into the chapel to start the setting up process. Another lady came to help, and then a few more. We did not have the number we usually have, but still we finished 7 quilts today, and several more are on the way. We ate lunch late because we were working so hard. Helle brought in a quilt that she has made completely by hand. See pic. I brought in my rug made of crocheted selvege edges. Kate wants to make one, too, now. We rushed to pack up by three. I scooted out a few minutes early to make it to the post office before it closed at 3. I mailed off two envelops of HST's. It made me feel pretty popular 'cause they all want HST's from South Korea.
Then I found a rock to sit on while reading. But it was hot in the afternoon, and I only stayed for half an hour. I went home to find my husband sitting with his parents and reading something on his computer. Apparently he got home at 10am. I ate two veggie pops, and did some Sudoku puzzles until Michele got home. Then we drove to gate 12, and walked into Itaewon to Cecily's favorite Thai restaurant. She ordered something that had a flame beside it on the menu. It was hot but she enjoyed it. Mine had a smiley face beside it on the menu. It was super hot and the staff probably enjoyed watching me try to eat it. Cecily's meal came with cucumbers to cool it down, so I ordered some for mine. In fact, I got two orders. I made the mistake of licking my lips. Then they began to burn too. I like spicy food but I am not gonna order that ever again.
We walked back to post, and took the car home. Cecily had been drinking, so I stayed in my sewing room for the rest of the evening. I am working on another purse, this time for me. But I can't finish it until I get a 15 inch zipper.

No comments: