Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Patience is a virtue

The electricity was turned off yesterday for 15 minutes. I wasn't home so I didn't care. Except that it changed the alarm setting from 7am to midnight. So I got woken up in the middle of the night to turn it off.
I don't remember when I got up in the morning. But I followed a pretty typical routine. Chris, Alfred and Cecily went to the museum nearby. After they left, I did some mopping, and then took the recyclables out and went to the thrift shop. There were plenty of books in the bin, and more. But someone had thrown puzzles on top. So I had to count my way to the books on the bottom. Luckily most were 100 pieces. The three museum goers showed up around 1:30, bought some books and left. I had finally finished the books and was starting the DVD's when management came by with scholarship applications to be scored. Well, I had had my fill of that on the day we did them in April. But I did both of them anyway. So I did not get the videos etc. done. I drove to the little park to read my book and meditate. That lasted almost half an hour before little kids arrived and I left. I went home to have some lunch and work on my purse. I have now completed all the steps that can be done without the zipper. It has piping, too, which Cecily's doesn't have. Here is her purse, which is finished except for the velcro. I was reading e-mail when Chris and Cecily finished making supper. Just as we were sitting down, Michele arrived. So we all ate together. The evening was spent chatting, mostly about all the same stories told before. Now it is time to get some sleep for tomorrow starts early.

No comments: