Friday, May 6, 2011

Blocks and HST's

I had planned to sit outside today and soak up some rays while reading. But though the weather was warm, it was not sunny, and it rained later in the day. I spent most of the day on my computer. I cleared some e-mail, then researched casserole cover patterns to find one suitable for a one-night project. Then more e-mail came in. I got a request for two quilt blocks, similar, but in different colorways representing Korea. I tried to clean up my sewing room. I made more HST's at the request of several SoTTT sisters. Chris came home early, and I asked him how I could get my name and city to print on HST paper 'cause its a pdf. I did not realize that he didn't feel well. When he finished my request, he laid down and went to sleep. Michele came home and talked to me in my sewing room as I worked on the HST's. She did not want to go into the livingroom 'cause Chris was sleeping on the couch. When she left, I joined a pile of selvege edges and wound them into a ball. I also fixed a beltloop on Chris' jeans. then I made some buffalo for supper. Michele ate sausages, and I don't know if Chris ever ate supper. I went back to my computer to look up Lotus blocks and heard Romaric come over. The three of them talked for awhile, then put on a movie. I listened to an interview and a meditation. For break, I went back to my sewing room. Not having found a suitable lotus block, I looked through my stash for lotus fabric. I found some, and some koi fabric. Not sure now which ones to use. Well, I will leave it for tomorrow when I can see better in the daylight.
* This quilt is from the Tokyo show *

No comments: