Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hiking up the mountain

We went to church this morning. The crowd was very small. The sermon was about grazing sheep, the valley of the shadow of death, depression etc. Afterwards we enjoyed the usual fruit, kimbap, and cake. Then we drove to Chris's office where I sat out back with my bare feet on the grass while he did whatever. Then we went to the commissary. I think it was our longest commissary trip ever. We kept running into people we knew. When we got home, Michele helped put away the groceries, and left. Some meeting for one of her college classes. I cleared a little e-mail until I called Julia to find out that she was on her way. So I walked to the station to meet her. We caught bus 405 to the Nambu bus terminal stop. From there we walked up the mountain. It was so nice to be in the presence of nature. I even walked barefoot for a while. In some places there were benches, and we sat and talked. We passed a small temple decorated with lanterns for Buddha's birthday. Then we walked down the hill. We stopped to look out over Seoul Art Center. I am not sure which building we were on top of, but the view was great! Then we proceeded down to street level. We used the pedestrian bridge to cross the street. She wanted to check out the bus terminal 'cause she'd be using it soon. I had never been there, so it was interesting. Then we went into the subway to buy her a T-Money card. We then walked to the main street ending in front of Seoul Art Center. We turned right and looked for the nearest bus 405 stop. We rode the bus to the stop in front of our apartment. Chris had cooked vegetarian curry for supper and we were both hungry. Michele was home by then, so the four of us chatted while Julia and I ate. She needed some boxes, so I found her some, and walked her to the subway station. After she left, I returned home, and we watched another unlabeled DVD. This one turned out to be Repo Men. It is pretty dark and I won't watch it again. Now my day is over and I am going to bed, after taking care of a few details (make the sandwich, refill the water carafe, soak the sprouts, etc).

No comments: