Thursday, May 19, 2011

A thrifty lunch

I got to sleep in a little 'cause Chris took the rest of the week off. My alarm clock was not set. However, I did hear voices. Michele had to get up early for school. I fixed breakfast, ran through some e-mail, but spent most of my time talking with my in-laws. Then Chris took them on post to get ration cards and base passes. I filled a plastic container with bean salad, and grabbed a few bags of fabric, and headed to the thrift shop, leaving the bags in the car. The luncheon was at noon, but I went at 11 to get some books shelved. Silly me, the book room was blocked by racks of clothes, shoved out of the way to make room for the tables. So I processed DVD's and stacked them to be shelved later. Around noon we all sat for lunch. Mrs. Sharpe joined us. After we ate, Ella handed out gifts to those that were leaving. Then we cleaned it all up, put the tables away, and put the store back in its proper order. Maryann and I worked on books, and puzzles, etc. At 3, we signed out. She took her son home, and I went home as well. I had a little to eat, and pulled out several more bags of fabric for class, as well as some other materials. Chris made me another CD since the one from yesterday was in .wav format which my player doesn't recognize. He also took my RW drive out and determined that it was dead and needs replacing. Isn't he handy? When 5:45 rolled around, I headed out. As I was setting up for class, the leader of the bible study next door struck up a conversation which lasted until class was due to begin. The pizza she ordered for her group had arrived. So I went back to setting up. Ladies had arrived by then, and I was immersed in questions and demonstrations. Two ladies and one young girl worked on the pillowcases for charity. Another worked on a snap-close bag, and a fourth cut kits for baby quilts. Around 8 Chris called to say he was on post and could leave or wait for me. So I invited him over to help clean up. When he arrived, I asked him to cut the metal strips for me. Even with the tin snips it was not as easy as I had hoped. But he got the job done. No one finished their project so we will do it again next week. Everyone helped to clean up and we went home. I cut up the rest of the tape measure and rounded the ends with a pair of special scissors. Then I read my e-mail, and posted to my blog so I can get out of here before Michele needs to go to sleep.

No comments: