Wednesday, May 18, 2011

They're here!

I woke up before 7. I tried to get in a quick meditation, but the alarm went off before I finished. The math rotations were starting early, so I had to rush a little. I had breakfast with a glimpse of e-mail. Then I gathered a bag of recyclables, and the stuff I needed to send my sister's present. I stopped by the recycling center on my way to post. I was on time for the math rotations. This time I was manning the smart board where students threw a stuffed chipmunk at circles which then turned into math problems. That was fun. They ended by 9:30 so the kids could make Korean pottery. So I walked back to my car. I addressed the mailer, and wrote in her birthday card, and then realized that I had forgotten to wrap the present. I filled out the customs form, too. Even after all that, the post office was not yet open. So I drove to The Four Seasons to look at tape measures. Not expensive at all! So I bought one. Then, as I was walking past the hair salon, I stopped to get my hair cut. My usual lady was not there, but they talked me into seeing someone else. Her English was minimal. It was not the same haircut and next time I will come when my regular lady is there. Then I drove to the South Post Post Office. There was no parking at the Main Post Post Office. I mailed my sister's gift, and then headed home. Michele had left for school. I spent the rest of the day alternating between cleaning and reading e-mail. I washed Michele's sheets, put pork in the oven to roast, cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed and mopped most of the floors, cleared off the kitchen table, etc. Around 7, when I had finished sucking up the dust bunnies under Michele's bed and was mopping her floor, Chris arrived with his parents. I had expected them earlier, but they stopped by the shoppette for wine. Chris made some broccoli and stuffing to go with the pork. When Michele arrived, we all sat down to eat. We had a great evening chatting. Then they turned in for the night, in Michele's room. I asked Chris to write a CD for me since my CDR drive won't open. And he did. Now Michele is taking a shower and will be sleeping here in the computer room, so I had better go.
* Tokyo Quilt *

No comments: