Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my readers. Even if you are not technically a mother, I am sure you have mothering instincts, so you are included.

We awoke late. Chris wasn't feeling well enough to rush around getting ready, so I went by myself. I was a little late, but I knew they would be handing out flowers, and I did not want to miss out. The sermon was not a typical Mother's Day sermon. The pastor kept asking us if the resurrection made any difference in our every day lives. After the service, Bob asked me to count money with him, like Chris usually does. It always tickles me that they ask Chris to count the offering. I am the one with years of offering-counting experience in two different churches. We got just over $200. Small attendance. I went into the fellowship hall for refreshments. Instead of kimbap, there were hard boiled eggs, and doughnuts. I ate two eggs. Then I went to the commissary for groceries. Chris walked over from the apartment so we could shop together. Michele helped to put the groceries away.
Chris asked me to cut his hair, so I did, out on the covered porch. Then I swept up the hair. He asked me if he could invite a guy over who he met over the internet. This guy plays with 'the voices', too, but different voices. I said 'Sure, if you clean the apartment'. He laughed and said he'd get Michele to do it. Later, I found myself cleaning the bathroom, the kitchen, and the livingroom. Finally I blew up and said "Why am I cleaning on mother's day? You should do it, you invited him." And Chris said "Oh, I thought you were kidding about that." To his credit, he then mopped the floor in the public area, though I did have to point out the spots (and he says I need glasses).
Chris made pork, potatoes, and broccoli for supper. The guy was late arriving, so Michele and I ate. When Chris got the call, he went to the subway station and walked him to our apartment. The three of them talked 'gaming' all evening. I swear they were speaking English, but I couldn't understand a single sentence. I read my book. Dave left at 10, I finished my book before 11, and then I made Chris' sandwich for tomorrow. Now it is time for bed. Good night.
* Tokyo quilt *

No comments: